What a Chronicler does
The kingdom Chronicler is responsible for all official kingdom publications.
The kingdom chronicler:
- manages the kingdom calendar (where you publish event announcements)
- publishes the kingdom newsletter, the Dragon’s Tale.
- encourages local branches to keep newsletters
- reports quarterly to the Society Chronicler, as part of the requirements for Society for Creative Anachronism Inc
For an event to be “official” for business like awards, and proclamation of laws, you must publish the event on the Kingdom Calendar and send an announcement to the Dragon’s Tale.
- Request a date on the kingdom calendar
- Event announcement guidelines
- Make sure your event is official
SCA Inc and SCA affiliate members: read Dragon’s Tale, and every other kingdom’s newsletter, online!
Visit SCA membership portal and log in with the same login information that you use to renew your membership.
Affiliate members: From the membership portal, log in with the username “affiliate” and password “affiliate”, all lowercase. Look for Drachenwald’s newsletter.
If you have any difficulties or questions, please email . Include your modern name, membership number, and a brief explanation of the problem you’re experiencing.
Release forms are required for the chronicler to publish original articles and artwork, and from persons appearing on photographs.
Local branches are encouraged to have a newsletter, though it is only requiredfor Baronies and above.
The Society Chronicler selects winners of the William Blackfox awards each year, to recognise excellence in local newsletters and their contributors. Each year, the kingdom chronicler nominates local newsletters, articles and artwork produced within the kingdom for the various awards.
Policies and Reports
Kingdom of Drachenwald